|CONQUEST OF THE SKIES' WRIGHT BROTHERS PORTFOLIO
Very hard to find commemorative portfolio compiled by the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. Published in 1978, on the 75th Anniversary of the first flight, we are offering a few original, unissued copies for the 100th Anniversary this year. $45.00
• Attractive cardstock portfolio (with a map of the Kitty Hawk region on the inside) containing:
• 12" by 15" Photo of the First Flight
• 20-page Historical Booklet "First Flight: The Story of Wilbur and Orville Wright's Invention of the Airplane."
• Reproduction of the May 1900 five-page letter from Wilbur Wright to Octave Chanute detailing his plans to build a flying machine.
• Two reproductions of the Wright's calculations made on the back of scraps of wallpaper.
• Seven framable copies of 8" by 10" photographs of Wright gliders and flyers.
• Two photographs of the lift balance in the wind tunnel, and the airfoils tested on the balance.
• Reproduction of the original 3-view drawing of the Kitty Hawk Flyer made by the Wrights on brown wrapping paper.
• Reproduction of the Wright Brothers' first patent (with drawings)
• Reproduction of the telegram announcing the first flight.
• Reprint of the first published account of the Wrights' successful development of the airplane (from "Gleanings in Bee Culture")